What do I do if my child needs glasses?

Contact your school nurse if you do not have vision insurance.

What if my child needs over the counter medication at school?

FORM D is required to be filled out by a physician for your student to have over the medication at school.

My child has asthma; can they keep their inhaler in their backpack?

Students are not allowed to carry inhalers in their backpack unless authorized by their physician on FORM D.

Can I send my child to school with cough drops, sunscreen, unscented moisturizer, lip balm?

A parent note is required to send non-medicated cough drops, sunscreen, unscented moisturizer, or lip balm with child to school.

What steps do I take if my child requires medication or a medical procedure at school?

Read this ISHP How To (pdf)
If your child needs to take medication or have a medical procedure performed while at school, an Individual Student Health Plan (ISHP) may need to be written for your child.

How do I sign up for health insurance?

There is a tri-city representative in Student Support Services Monday-Friday 10am-1pm to assist with signing up for health coverage.
Tri-City Health
Healthy Start

What is a 504 plan?

A student with a disability under Section 504 is one who has a physical or mental impairment (i.e. Diabetes, asthma, bipolar disorder, etc.) that substantially limits one or more major life activities. If your child needs additional services related to a disability or medical condition, your child may be eligible for a Section 504 Plan or Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Contact the school office or principal for information regarding 504 Plans, and/or Special Education services by the District.