The Executive Board Job Descriptions
The President shall:
- Be the representative of the Corporation.
- Prepare and post the agenda for all Executive Board and Membership
- Preside at the Executive Board and Membership meetings.
- Serve as liaison and prime communication source between parents,
Executive Board, teachers, and principal on non-personnel matters.
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Be authorized to sign checks of the corporation, and authorize
expenditures and reimbursements.
- Report monthly actions of the Executive Board in the school newsletter.
- Sign all formal correspondence and reports of the Corporation.
- Appoint committee chairpersons subject to the ratification of the Board.
- Coordinate the work of officers and committees of the Corporation in
order that the Objects may be promoted.
- Coordinate and lead new parent orientation assisted by other officers.
- Perform such other duties as may be prescribed in these bylaws or
assigned to the President by the Corporation.
The Vice-President shall:
- Act as an aide to the President.
- Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence.
- Coordinate planning for new member recruiting and orientation with the
Faculty, Membership chairperson.
- Be in charge of creating and/or updating a membership handbook.
- Maintain the Community Bulletin Board.
- Assist in New Parent Orientation as needed by President.
The Ways and Means Chairperson
- Serve as Chairperson of the Fundraising Committee.
- Oversee activities of the auction committee and the scrip committee.
- Review any proposed new fundraising activities and identify new funding
The Recording Secretary
- Prepare minutes of all general and Executive Board meetings, submit copies
of the same to all board members prior to the next board meeting and, in
addition, post one copy in each classroom.
- Maintain a notebook containing a current copy of the bylaws and standing
rules, and minutes of all meetings of the Corporation and the Board which
is the legal record of this Corporation.
- Maintain the monthly calendar of all events.
The Corresponding Secretary
- Conduct all necessary correspondence of the Corporation upon
authorization of the President, Executive Board, or membership.
- Oversee that the TB file is kept up-to-date for parents and permanent
subs working in the classroom and classroom Coordinators are notified if TB
tests are not current.
- Keep copies of all correspondence in current files.
- Maintain and update record and history of the Open
The Treasurer shall:
- Be the chief financial officer of the Corporation.
- Have the general care and custody of all securities and funds of the
- Collect and disburse funds of the Corporation, according to the budget
or as approved by the Board.
- Present a financial report at each Board and membership meeting and at
other times when requested by the Corporation.
- Cause annual income tax returns to be filed by the Corporation.
- Be authorized to sign checks of the Corporation.
- Present a budget as proposed by the budget committee for Board review in
March. Request community input before planning meeting in April. Present a
proposed amended budget for Board endorsement in April. Distribute copies of
the proposed budget to the membership by May 1.
- Post a budget report in each classroom each month.
- Submit records for audit annually, following the audit procedure
established by the Board.
- Keep an accurate record of receipts and disbursements in a ledger that
is a permanent record of this Corporation.
The Parliamentarian shall:
- Assure that proper parliamentary procedure is following in all meetings.
- Be responsible for preparing and counting ballots when necessary.
- Be chairperson of the nominating committee.
- Shall chair the bylaws committee and review bylaws and standing rules
The Membership Chairperson
- Work with the school secretary and office staff in handling new
- Coordinate publicity for the Open classroom through the school
district?s public relations representative, the principal, and other
- Keep a list of applicants who have visited the classrooms for follow-up.
- Subject to district enrollment policy, notify families upon acceptance
after obtaining approval of the principal and consultation with the
- Maintain a complete membership list.
- Oversee and ensure publishing and distribution of program