New Open world Academy is open to all students who live in the adjacent neighborhood. Visit the LAUSD Resident School Identifier for information on designated resident schools .
- Call 213-480-3700 or email
- Visit the Welcome Center.
- Show proof of address. (Gas bill, Electric bill, or Government ID)
- Fill out an application.
- If you are transferring from another district please bring your transcripts.
- If you are receiving Special Education Services please bring a current IEP.
- The general enrollment period occurs in the spring when students choose schools from the Robert F. Kennedy Zone of Choice. Choose early to obtain your first choice.
The RFK Community Schools Welcome Center will make every effort to accommodate your request for a particular school. However, some assignments are based on space availability.